Naturopathy is a traditional healthcare system that encompasses the concept of self-healing.
Your body has the innate ability to heal itself. The power of healing is within you.
The natural state of the body is to be full of health and vitality. Your body continuously strives for balance and harmony of all its systems.
What Does a Naturopath Practitioner Do?
A practicing naturopath seeks to identify and remove the barriers which are impeding your ability to heal. They work with you, to help achieve your goals for improved health and wellness.
Naturopaths use natural and gentle therapies which are evidence based. This includes dietary and lifestyle changes, safe and effective herbal medicine and flower essences.
Together, these all work to support your mind, body and spirit. Holistic health of all areas in your life is the naturopath’s perspective for your wellbeing.
Naturopath Practitioner Safety
As a registered naturopath, I work within my scope of practice. I do not diagnose diseases or prescribe pharmaceutical drugs.
However, I do check for herbal treatments and supplement interactions for any prescription medications you are taking. This ensures your safety when following a naturopathic treatment plan.
Sometimes I may see something that needs further investigation by a doctor. I may refer you to see your general practitioner doctor (GP) for relevant testing or check ups.
I work alongside you and your current medical team as a complementary medicine practitioner and take into consideration your current healthcare plan.
We all work together to help you feel your best and achieve optimal health and wellness.
What Are The Principles Of Naturopathy?
There are six principles of naturopathy:
1. Vis Medicatrix Naturae: The Healing Power of Nature – All life (including you!) has divine intelligence which seeks balance and harmony. This innate intelligence has the ability to regenerate and self-heal.
2. Primum Non Nocere: First Do No Harm – Natural therapies utilise safe and appropriate treatment options. This is achieved with consideration to your unique constitution, vitality and disposition.
3. Tolle Totum: Treat the Whole Person – A practicing naturopath does not ‘treat the disease’ but you, the person as a whole. Physical, emotional, mental and spiritual aspects all comprise the holistic picture of your wellbeing.
4. Tolle Causam: Treat the Cause – Seeking the underlying cause of your presenting health concern for the most effective and safe treatment.
5. Docere: Naturopath as Teacher – Providing valuable knowledge to empower you to make positive choices. Use this knowledge to take back control over your life and health journey.
6. Preventare: Prevention – Build life enhancing habits that promote your health wellness with a focus on disease prevention.
What Are The Benefits of Naturopathy?
There are many benefits to receiving naturopathic treatment. It is safe, gentle healthcare based on natural and holistic principles. Naturopathy is where you as the client are the focus, not your ‘disease’.
Heard and Understood
I offer you as my client the space to be heard and understood in a non-judgemental way.
Clients may find themselves heard and understood properly for the first time within healthcare. This is because naturopathic consultations are in depth, taking approximately 90 minutes for an initial consultation.
As the client, I give you full space to explain your health concern, symptoms, and how it is impacting your life. You are heard, seen and validated. This is a powerful moment for healing in itself.
A Different Approach
Despite their best efforts, some clients have been experiencing a chronic health issue that just won’t get better.
I completely understand how upsetting it is to have spent years dealing with a chronic health issue. One that isn’t being resolved fully with conventional treatment.
I respect modern medicine, it is essential for public health. But sometimes, it may not give you all the answers you need for your current situation.
Maybe you have heard that natural options can help with your situation but you aren’t sure where to start.
Allow me to provide you with a clear and easy to follow plan for getting your health back on track.
Natural, Gentle Treatments
Naturopaths use safe, effective and gentle treatment options. These are suitable for the whole family, from children to the elderly.
You may wish to explore natural, gentle treatments. Or maybe you just feel pulled towards trying a holistic approach that feels right for you.
As a naturopath, I use a range of options to assist you from flower essences, herbal medicines, dietary and lifestyle recommendations and more. I look holistically and take into consideration the whole picture of you and your situation.
My role is to gently guide you towards making informed decisions towards better health choices. I give you the tools to thrive in your daily life, so you can radiate with inner and outer beauty.
Booking an Appointment
I offer the following options:
- Free 15 minute discovery call to discuss your situation
- 90 minute initial consultations – for first time clients
- 60 minute detailed follow up consultation
- 30 minute maintenance consultation
- 20 minute acute consultation – for acute issues only; includes herbal medicine formula and take home recommendations
- 60 minute reiki healing treatment
If you have any other questions, please feel free to use my contact form here.